Job type: internship/full time
Job title: Software engineer/DevOps
Work time: 19/40 hours/week
Application deadline: 31st March 2019
In this position you will strengthen our team in a leading software engineering position focusing on backend, databases and API for client-server communication, including server-side logic for high-performance, extremely high-throughput oriented web services.
Nice to have
- B. Sc. in computer sciences or higher, or an equivalent qualification.
- Profound knowledge and multiple years of experience in:
- Software development: show us what you worked on in the past, e.g. your github repositories and projects.
- Administration of Linux/Unix based operating systems.
- Building scalable software systems (multi-tier).
- Websocket and RESTful APIs.
- Data storage architectures and operational and analytical databases: SQL and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, RocksDB, Cassandra, Aerospike).
- More than one programming language, particularly PHP, Python, C(++).
- Entrepreneurial spirit and readiness to put in extra hours to achieve the set goals.
- Ability to cope with a dynamic start-up team environment. You will be working with our international team (Germany and South Korea).
- Excellent command of English. German is a plus but is not required.
- Experience in DevOps.
- Experience in frontend design (web-based dashboards).
- Big data analysis.
- GPU-enabled databases (e.g. SQREAM, MapD, Kinetica) and or CUDA-based programming.
- Implementation of cryptographic methods.
Direct participation in the company through VSOPs (virtual stock options) for qualified employees.
In order to apply for the position, send your application package to
Is it fresh GmbH is a German start-up company with a subsidiary in South Korea active in the field of printed electronic labels and data analytics. We develop and manufacture a proprietary sensor chip (freshtag), combining printed sensors and NFC chips. Our mission is to digitalize the worldwide packaging market and enable in-package sensing through low-cost freshtags and a cloud-based analytics platform for real-time data aggregation.